Class override not affecting instance of slab style

I'm having an issue with class overrides on a set of viewports.

I have a few different slab styles, all of which are on the same class, some of the components are set to be on other classes, however the components in questions are set to object class.

I have done a class override to make a class green, only one of the slab styles changes, the others stay unaltered.

Im sure it's an obvious fix but I am struggling to find what it is.

Have attached a vwx file, would be very grateful if someone could have a quick look and see if any thing jumps out at them.

One sheet layer, one design layer.

Slab_Style_vs_Class_Override.vwx

Capture.PNG

Hi Mark

Yeah the "new slab" style is working correctly and the others are not.

For the life of me can't figure out what the difference is that's causing it.

To create, I drew a rectangle, selected create slab, duplicated 4 times, then selected each one and changed slab style using the resource manager.

I can't remember the order I created the actual slab styles themselves, but I suspect I created one, then duplicated and edited and so on.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Josh, I saw your post, but I am not sure if you are still looking for a solution.

I had something that I think may be very similar to what you are experiencing and I have been provided with a solution.

I am using a slab with a class which Id' like to look differently in various Viewport scenarios, meaning the top finish shall have a metal texture, in the next it shall have a concrete finish, and so forth. This to create various options on how scenes can look. 

I didn't want to work with multiple layers containing individual slabs, and for the life of me could not figure out the constellations of class and overrides in VP and which settings work.

If you are still interested let me know. Email may be best to contact me as I just signed up to this forum and am not sure how I would be notified in case you contact me on this platform. Email me to 64@gretheconnerth.com, I have received a short 3 mins video from OzCAD here in Australia which really helped a lot and saved me hours of endless try-outs! Cheers, Grethe

• 1 year later...
On 7/10/2017 at 12:32 PM, Josh NZ said:

Hi Mark

Yeah the "new slab" style is working correctly and the others are not.

For the life of me can't figure out what the difference is that's causing it.

To create, I drew a rectangle, selected create slab, duplicated 4 times, then selected each one and changed slab style using the resource manager.

I can't remember the order I created the actual slab styles themselves, but I suspect I created one, then duplicated and edited and so on.

Josh, did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue