Lighting Devices automatically assuming a mode?

When I drop some of my symbols into a drawing, they appear to automatically assume a mode from the drop-down menu.  I do not want this, as I have my symbols drawn with the correct information, and Spotlight appears to always put the other mode.  For instance, when I drop in a Viper Performance, it assumes standard mode, while I am using extended.  My symbol's Light Info Record uses the extended number of channels.

This explains why my paperwork was all messed up last show!  At some point, I did a replace of the symbols on the drawing, and the number of channels changed to the wrong mode.

I do not want Spotlight to assume a mode. Yet I cannot find whatever setting may control this.  It does not appear to be in the LIR.  Any way to turn this off, or just something I need to change in my workflow?  Is it something I set when I made the symbol?

Guest Beckstorm

You can possibly solve this in one of two ways. 

First, edit the inst type to include the mode, this should then fill out the mode type correctly thereby filling out the number of channels correctly.  Second, change the name just a bit, like adding an extra space. The mode selection field requires the name to be an exact match but is not case sensitive.   

Hope this helps 

On 7/10/2017 at 9:31 AM, Rob Books said:

Are you using Vision?  in VW2017 a mode selector was added for Vision export.  it is in the OIP.

I am not, but that's precisely the item I am trying to disable.  When I drop a fixture in, it often assumes basic mode, when my symbol is in extended mode.