OpenGL not holding in walkthrough

I have a (relatively simple) model in which OpenGL cannot be maintained using the realtime walkthrough tool. It reverts to wireframe during motion (then re-renders). I have other (more complex) drawings in which the walkthrough tool works just fine. Does anyone know of limitations/caveats which would cause a model to behave this way?

VW 10.5.1

Win2K/XP

There is a setting you can try in the VectorWorks prefs. Under the 3D tab, set the sliders for Retain model to always. This should help retain the rendered model.

Mark, thanks for your reply. I am aware of that setting, and have set it to "always." As noted, there is something about this file that is different from the "usual", which is causing OpenGL to fail in realtime motion. Would someone at NNA care to take a look at this, and see if we can figure out what the problem is?

Hi PR

I also have that happen every once in a while. Sometimes by re-setting the view, lighting and rendering it 'cures' itself. Sometimes by quitting and restarting the program. It is indeed irritating. It always seems to happen right in the middle of showing someone "how cool vectorworks is". Typical!

Peter

Peter, thanks for the suggestion - I've been through that routine, as I used to have to do it frequently with VW 10.0. 10.5 has been very good with OpenGL, up until I experienced this difficulty, and I can't get it to maintain rendering while moving, no matter what I do - but only with this particular file.