Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

vs.Marionette_DisposeObj(self.Params.obj.value)

AlanW

@Marissa FarrellYes I noticed that, I was wondering if there are more like this? are they standard?? Can I create others?? So far I have only used VW Developer to get code.  I was thinking all the VS codes that are floating around here courtesy of Pat can these be converted to Python in the VW script editor and used to create Marionette Nodes??

Thanks

• Marionette Maven

There are others, but none that you should need to worry about. They're mostly back-end calls that Marionette uses on its own to make sure things are running smoothly. You likely won't find them floating around anywhere; DisposeObj() is only public because we use it directly in the code rather than DelObject(), etc.

Most VS calls can be converted to Python just by putting vs. in front of them. Some VS calls won't work in Python, though, and some things won't work in Marionette because of how Marionette handles selection.

The Developer Wiki is definitely the number 1 resource for what functions you can use with Marionette. You can also go exploring the base packages of Python 3 to add some functionality.

20 minutes ago, Marissa Farrell said:

The Developer Wiki is definitely the number 1 resource for what functions you can use with Marionette. You can also go exploring the base packages of Python 3 to add some functionality.

Marissa, if you are recommending the wiki, could you use your influence to see if it can be updated to the latest version of the Function Reference. The home page says it has not been updated since 22 October 2015. I don't think the 2017 Function Reference was ever posted. I have resorted to using the local copy of the reference and only going to the wiki if I am really stuck.

• Like 1