Secure Web View

bcd

Hi - can anyone point me in the correct direction to set up a WebView with a password on presumably a server or website?

I notice that when I export to locally hosted WebView the textures disappear leaving a very dark scene, other's have had similar issues. Is there a fix in the works?

Thanks

I don't think this can be done just yet. However, have you tried Sketchfab?

Sketchfab

webview on steroids. Very powerful and allows password protection of models. 

Export from Vectorworks as a 3ds file and include the textures. When uploading to Sketchfab,you'll need to upload the 3ds file and all the individual texture files together. 

Hope this helps

Edited by Andrew Davies
14 minutes ago, bcd said:

this looks interesting - but I think the answer may be simply to upload it to a subdomain. I'll get to that shortly & report back.

I wondered about that. There's also lots of cut and paste code online for password protecting a specific webpage or subdirectory of a website. Web View just generates a simple webpage and the supporting graphics files. You may even be able to add the code to that HTML file directly.

Kevin

Modelo looks nice, but have a feeling development has slowed.  Doesn't work with VW 2017 on a Mac (PC only at the moment)

Edit : I take that back!  10 minutes after registering, one of the Modelo team called me to see what I thought.  Very impressive. He assured me that development is very much active.  Reason there is no 2017 VW plug in for Mac, he explained was that Nemetschek are slow responding to their requests and it is quite difficult to support VWX.  He also explained they only have a handful of VW users so it doesn't get high priority.

You can export from VW as a .OBJ and import into Modelo though - will give that a try.

Edited by Andrew Davies