Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links Read more... ×
David Bengali

VW Crash when plugin object has UI override and radio button value is changed

Hi, wondering if anyone has encountered this or knows of a solution:

When I enable custom object info palette for a plugin object with

vs.SetObjPropVS( vs.kObjXPropHasUIOverride, True ) #8

I find that trying to change the value of radio buttons in the object info palette crashes vectorworks.  I have inserted all of the widgets with 

vs.vsoInsertAllParams()

I'm not trying to do anything crazy; I am really just trying to get some separators onto the OIP.  I am handling Event 41 as guided by the wiki:

elif theEvent == vs.kObjOnWidgetPrep: #41
        UpdateParametersState()

def UpdateParametersState():
    vs.vsoSetEventResult( vs.kObjectEventHandled ) #-8

Changing the value of other parameters in the OIP, including numeric fields and checkboxes, works fine.

Most importantly, I see the same behavior when I try the example plugin provided at http://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php/Python_Sample_Point_Object_(complex)  

If I click the radio button for Male / Female in this PIO's info palette, vectorworks crashes.  This leads me to think there is more going on than bad code in my own object.

I am running VW2017 SP4 on Mac OS X El Capitan

Thanks Patrick,

Is there an advised workaround?  I am discovering that various third party plugins are showing the same behavior as well and have thus become unusable.  

best,

David

The other workaround is to turn off developer mode when you're testing radio buttons.  It's always a bummer when you forget though...  I finally hunted down a VW plug-in that triggers this behavior, and this is slated for a fix.  Possibly not until 2018, though.

-Josh