'rogue' polygon

ga

can anyobody tell me how to get rid of a rogue or ghost polygon which cnnot be edited, selected or deleted but gets copied whenever you select all.

i have tried everything from checking my layers scale, my layers 2d/3d component, the classes are all turned on....

i am stuck and i need to get rid of it

ga

I've had this happen a couple of times (although never in VW10 yet, come to think of it). My rogue polygons always turned out to be associated with solid subtractions. Do you have any complex solids in your drawing? If so, you might want to try deleting them one by one to determine which is the guilty party. You might have to re-create it. Or, sometimes it worked to cut and paste the bad solid into a new file, then cut and paste it back into the original file. Not sure what it might be if this isn't the problem.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by ga:

can anyobody tell me how to get rid of a rogue or ghost polygon which cnnot be edited, selected or deleted but gets copied whenever you select all.

i have tried everything from checking my layers scale, my layers 2d/3d component, the classes are all turned on....

i am stuck and i need to get rid of it

ga

It sounds like the bounds of whatever object this is are incorrect, so you can't select it by clicking on it. If you can select everything else and move them to a different layer, then you should be able to select the specific object and identify it (and then delete it.)

What version of VW are you running? If it's VW10, it would be worth submitting a file with just that object as a bug to bugsubmit@nemetschek.net.