Clip Cupe Exports

I am using the clip cube to focus on one section of roofing that needs to be discussed and I want to export it to 3D. However, if I try to export to 3D pdf or to web view the whole model gets exported which makes them useless. I tried the trick of creating a Section VP of the clip cube and putting it on a separate design layer and then exported but still, the same thing happens, the whole model gets exported. The only other option I can think off is to copy the file and delete all the extra information around the point of interest.

Is it too much to ask that the clip cube view can be used by the export 3D pdf and export web view?

• Like 1

here is another case for a browser based versions of VW (with Onshape like sharing) what you would do is invite others to view your clipped views with no need to export to pdf.

(which is another external object that needs to be tracked, managed & kept up to date)

then they can see what you can & leave comments but not be able to edit (unless you gave them permission) 

also if they wanted to expand the clipped view they could.

now from a software engineering view:

the above idea "export clipped view to 3d pdf" is a good idea.

currently the engineers of software need to build this into the windows version & mac version 

and spend time trying to get it to work in a 3d pdf viewer.

compare that to "just being able to invite people into your model to view your clipped views & leave comments"

• Like 2