Section line marker

domer1322

Question

this should be an easy question for someone who knows what they're doing .....

I have a 3D model, and I used the menu command  "View > Create Section viewport..." to make a section viewport on another sheet layer.  The section line marker shows nicely on the design layer where the 3D model is, but on the section viewport sheet I can not get it to show up.  I checked the viewport settings to ensure all the classes and layers are turned on, as well as the "project screen objects" and "display planar objects" are both checked.  This ought to be simple ...   but I'm puzzled.  Help please.

(incidentally, I can use the toolbar to make a "section - elevation marker" that shows nicely in both design and sheet layers, but I figure there must be a better explanation.) 

2 answers to this question

Not in front of VW at moment, but check out Section Line Instances in the OIP and check-off the viewport(s) you wish to display the section line.  But, keep in mind you cannot section a section VP, thus cannot display a section line in a section viewport.

• Like 1

it worked ... thanks.   The key thing is that the OIP field for "section Line Instances" is only found when the section viewport is activated.  I was always looking for something when the plan viewport was activated.   When I'm looking at the plan, there is no option for "section line instances".    Thanks again ......   I knew it would be easy for someone who knew what they were doing.