Unanswered Posts

Forum protocol question.... 

Is it better to bump unanswered post to the front of the line, or leave them unanswered?  The old website used to have a link that highlighted unanswered posts. Is there some tracking mechanism that forum moderators use to track them?  Or after a certain amount of time should we send reminders?

Edited by cberg

If you don't have answers and it is your question (or you need an answer to the same unanswered question), then go ahead and bump it. You may want to provide a few more details. Often it is the least specific/most ambiguous questions that don't get answered. The more specific the need the more likely you are to get a response.

Also, since most of the answers are coming from other users, the more interesting you can make the problem sound the more likely you are to get responses.

The above is my personal opinion while not wearing my moderator hat  ;-)

Pat

• Like 3
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I am firmly in the Pro Bump camp. Some forum communities punish it but as long as its not excessive (on the hour every hour, etc) I see no problem with it as the more post, but fewer THREADS the better. Especially when it comes to other users and employees being able to search the forum afterwards.

If it's been a number of days or weeks and no one answers at all, it may simply be that no one has an answer if searches don't return similar results from previous threads. I hate when this happens but it's possible.