Pressing render tab on the OIP is still slow

Thanks for the SP4.

Since version 2017 VW becomes very slow, whenever I press the render tab of the OIP.

Let me rephrase that: It becomes very, very, very slow.

This was not fixed in any of the updates, so I hope, that it will be fixed in VW 2018.

I run VW on an iMac late 2015 with the latest OS. Same problem on my old, late 2011 iMac.

• 9 months later...

Hi @Kaare Baekgaard, just wondering if you got this sorted? This is not normal or typical so there will be a reason and a fix. My first query would be if you have either lots of Favourites files or one or more Favourites files that have lots of resources in them and whether those files are stored on a network driver/server, in a cloud storage folder or just on your local HD. If none of the prior two apply or if you've addressed them and the issue remains, I'd test for this issue using a 'new blank document.' 

I solved the problem after I had opened and saved all my library files once. The problem is that otherwise the files will not have saved thumbnail images for symbols/textures etc if you don't open and save them manually. During the migration of old libraries the thumbnails are unfortunately not created.