Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Set Height Node

AlanW

I gave it a try Alan but didn't have any more success than you did. I tried using the "Get Height" node to see the value it was trying to alter. It seems like "Get Height" returns the Delta Y value of the object (not the Delta Z value). So in your example, it returns the diameter of your circle, not the height of your extrude. "Set Height" doesn't seem to alter that value. The developer info on the underlying Vectorscript command vs.SetHeight isn't very helpful either. This is why there needs to be proper documentation..... :(

Kevin

• Marionette Maven

Kevin is correct that Get/Set Height refer to the Y value of objects, not Z.

I'm not at a computer with VW at the moment, but I believe in the "Object Info" category there is a node that should return Top and Bottom Z values. To get your overall Z height, you would want to find the difference between those values.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: You also may be able to use the Get 3D Info node in the 'Object Info' category? Again, not at VW, just trying to think of what's available from memory :)