Export web view set-up

Having set up model views to export successfully on numerous occasions, in the model I'm currently working on, I can't get the view set up as I want it. The  thing is, if there's no floor, the web view tool doesn't 'walk' so I need a starting view inside the model

Trouble is, I can't get the view set 'inside' the model (as in image capture 1), only within the camera 'crop' view (as shown on image capture 2) which doesn't enable me to set up the starting view I want.

I'm sure it's something really obvious but I just can't see what it is so it's driving me nuts!

Help me someone please!!!

170623Capture1.JPG.876bc4392c96867dbb973b55ca60e8c1.JPG

170623Capture2.JPG

Guest AndrewG

@MRD Mark Ridgewell The model that you are currently looking at seems to be all indoors. In the Export Web View, the only default light source is a stationary directional light (https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Rendering/LightingAndShadows/LightTypes/Directional/ ) with a constant added ambient light. If your model is covered, the default light source in the model won't reflect very well. We are currently looking into addressing this.

Hope this helps!

@AndrewGThis is good to hear as we have steered away from using web view back to 3Dpdf as the lighting in web view in a full house model is virtually no existent internally.

The same effect occurs if you have a model, turn off all your lights but leave your light classes on. As soon as you then turn off the light classes all is bright again, just a simple open GL model with the ambient level.

I have been running a series of test with a;

Room, no windows with ambient light on, med export to webview. - good result and even light.

Room, 1 window with ambient light on, med export to webview. - good result and even light.

Room, 1 window with ambient light on, internal point light med export to webview. - good result and even light.

Room, 1 window with ambient light on, internal point light and heliodon med export to webview. - good result and even light.

Room, 1 window with ambient light OFF, internal point light and heliodon med export to webview. - good result and even light.

So as you say the lights you place are not reflected in the export and the view is identical for all these options I tryed.

This time I did not get a dark interior so I will try a few larger models.

Good to know things will be improved regarding user lights.

Attached result for each of the above. all the same.

Capture.JPG

Really not sure why my mdel is quite so dark then, there a various openings and apertures, in fact, more so than the second shot I posted.

Just tested some 'old' tech, ie. 3d animation to try and get someting lighter to give to the client. Interestingly, it gives a good impression of a 'light' space on the model I show at top of the post. Downsides being of course it takes a while to generate a large file (and of course it's not as engaging).

It would be great if the 3d web view result was similar to light effect on the animation tool, or if the web view export model came out similar or the same as an open GL render as it displays on screen maybe!

I have no idea how I could check that but thanks for the suggestion Kevin.

Earlier model worked really well; both models are covered/ enclosed, in fact the latter (the darker one) actually has MORE openings so if anything you would expect it to be lighter.

I mentioned sketchfab on a previous post (www.sketchfab.com). Interesting and user friendly interface for control of lighting/ textures etc. Very easy to use, but possibly more suited to 3d objects than interiors; plus you have to export from VW into 3ds and then upload and adjust material properties (very easy but time consuming) so a number of processes. Be much better to have all that functionality in VW.

Any ideas on future improvements we can expect (Vectorworks representative)?

Guest AndrewG

@MRD Mark RidgewellUnless you are involved with the Vectorworks Beta program, I cannot say anything in relationship to those improvements on this forum. However, I can say that we will have some improvements that should address some of these problems (lighting, dark environments, etc.) in a future release.

Thanks for understanding!

I recall some textures did not export well. i exported a number of glass panels and a few image props and some glass was see through and some were solid. Image props showed the crossed plane. From previous discussions on the forum I believe they were being addressed, so look forward to the next version.