Christiaan

Ability to define Wall Hole Component of Window/Door Objects

Question

As we can with Symbols I'd like to be able to define the Wall Hole Component of Window and Door Objects, so we can more easily model modifications of the wall that are associated with a window/door.

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

I would like to see the wall hole component AT THE SAME TIME as the other geometry in a symbol, perhaps highlighted as a red translucent solid whilst editing a symbol.

When creating the symbol and the object that will become the 'Wall Hole Component' a 'right click' and assign as 'wall hole component', in a similar way we can assign 2d elements to screen plane, would be very useful.

• Like 1

@ChristiaanNot sure if this is what you mean but Been trying to see is VW Window plugin can do what the Aus/NZ Windoor tool can do relating to defining the wall opening in relation to the window and patched wall.

See video of the how I use the Windoor tool. Maybe someone can show me if this is possible. Thanks

youtu.be/XMuiYJ5itbA