Editing Sheets

Hi katie,

What I mean is changes that cannot be done in the 'Edit sheet' dialogue box.

For example, if I want to change the view of the sheet, I need to go to the sheet, change the view, and then save a new sheet with the same name.

Is there any way around that?

anais.

I have posted this on the wish list before.

You should be able to uncheck "Restore View", set up a new view, the re-check "Restore View", and it should now restore to the new view when the sheet is selected.

But unfortunately, when you do this, it restores the view to the one you had when you originally saved the sheet.

This holds true even if you never checked the "Save View" checkbox when you originally saved the sheet! If you subsequently check the "Restore View" check box, it will return to a veiw you never saved in the first place.

The restore view checkbox really ought to restore to the view you are in when you check the box, not to the view you were in when you originally saved the sheet.

Or if some users like the current operation, you could have two checkboxes or radio buttons, one for "Restore to Original View", and one for "Restore to Current View".

Right now, the only way to save a new view, is to save a new sheet.