Webview - able to select starting mode

Itchy

Question

It would be good when exporting to webview that we have a button to select the starting mode, either First person or Orbit. If I want to show a walkthrough of an office fit out, I want it to by start in first person, but if I was showing the overall form of a new house I may want the start to be orbit. It would be good for me to be able to decide, and not need to tell the recipient that before you do anything click on the eye and then select first person.

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Alan Woodwell said:

@ItchyOne thing I do is to set up a series of saved views as stating points and then when you export the web view select export saved views and point this out to you Client so they know how to select them.

So @Alan Woodwell you end up with multiple web views for each start point?

I have a saved view set for my start point but would be good to have an export setting to get it to start in first person mode so when they open my link they don't end up click around and flying out of the building and getting confused. or getting stuck somewhere they shouldn't :)

9 hours ago, Alan Woodwell said:

@ItchyOne thing I do is to set up a series of saved views as stating points and then when you export the web view select export saved views and point this out to you Client so they know how to select them.

Alan, can you elaborate on this? Are you exporting using Web View or are your clients using the VW Viewer? I'm pretty sure Web View doesn't give access to Saved Views.

KM

@Kevin McAllisterHi, not at computer till Friday so maybe I am mistaken, was going by memory and maybe thinking of 3D PDF export.

With web view I recall you save your file at the view where you want the viewer to start. There are a few standard views you can click on and if lost hit the home button to return to the original view.

Will check later.

Edited by Alan Woodwell