Cropped Perspective Script?

Is it possible to access the "Cropped Perspective" setting under Document Preferences with scripting so that it can be made a menu item? My end goal is to assign it to one of my 3Dconnexion mouse buttons to be able to quickly toggle it on and off. I assume the answer might involve scripting, but I don't have any experience with that.

• Like 3

The following will toggle the crop on and off when you are in a perspective view.

SetPref(127, Not GetPref(127));

Copy that line, go to Tool:Plugins:Plugin Manager.  Click the New button and choose Menu Command. Click Edit Script and paste in the line above. Click OK. Click Close.

Edit your workspace to include the new command.

Let us know if you need more help.

• Like 4

I've added this script as a custom command saved at the bottom of the View > Projection menu. I also assigned the shortcut "Cmd+Opt+C" to quickly toggle Cropped Perspective. Works beautifully.

1233304552_ScreenShot2020-07-01at10_40_08AM.thumb.png.4e7ae710a61d9e059dcd8a91a6965de0.png

I also added some Macros to my SpaceMouse buttons, one which switches to OpenGL/Perspective, and the other activates the toggle Cropped Perspective command.

Edited by Andy Broomell
  • Like 3
  • 4 years later...
On 6/19/2017 at 2:23 PM, Pat Stanford said:

Andy or Pat, how do I assign a shortcut key to the cropped perspective command? I am using 2022 and it doesn't have cropped perspective or it's somewhere I can't find it so I followed your plug-in instructions and added it to my menu like Andy did, however I do not know how to assign shortcuts. Thank you.

Frank