Batch Render Job Names not accepted

hi,

I am setting up a batch rendering, and cannot give my renderings jobs names.

The msg VW gives is:

"The operating system cannot create a file with this job name."

I have tried changing the name of the job and none of them are accepted.

This means I cannot use the Batch Render.

Does anyone have an idea of why?

cheers, anaisr.

Are you getting the message when you go to Create Batch Render and click OK ?

Or are you getting it when you go to start the batch render?

Did you move the location of VW after you installed it?

That is strange.

Does it do that on all the computers or just yours?

You may also try updating to VW 10.5.1 to see if that resolves the problem also. I didn't use VW 10.5.0 for very long, so I'm not up to speed with the problems related to that specific version of VW.

What version are the other computers running?

I have VW 10.5.1 and it works fine.

Like I said, I didnt use VW 10.5.0 long because it was the end of my life in tech support, so I don't know all the known issues with specific versions of VW.

I didn't find anything, but that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't a bug.

I would say since all the other computers are working wtih the batch render under VW 10.5.1, and your computer is 10.5.0, then it is a problem with 10.5.0.

Do you have a reason for not wanting to update VW 10.5.0 to 10.5.1 ?

• 2 months later...

Katie,

i am experiencing the exact same problem as anais, and i am running VW 10.5.1.

i have done everything suggested here on the BB, including reinstalling QT with custom install. still not working.

since i just ponied up for VW 10.5 in March 03, i really don't want to pay out for VW11 yet.

any real solutions to this batch render name problem?

right now i must render each saved sheet singly and then use photoshop to create my animations (QT is just too cumbersome).

running VW10.5.1 on AMD 3GHZ 1GB RAM, SATA and Win2K

thanks

m

katie,

i am experiencing the exact same problem and i am using VW10.5.1.

I have tried all the work-arounds, such as reinstalling QT with custom install, but to no avail. please help!

i have two animations to do of KD furniture each with 20 seperate sheets! i do not relish spending the next several days watching the blue bar get longer.

thnks

m

bali

Depending on the complexity of the drawing and the number of frames you have, the animations may just be taking a long time. I've seen some animations take days to complete.

The problem Anais was having was with Batch Render - is your problem with Batch Render or with Saving Animations?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello:

Is the chosen folder for the batch render locked? Do you have permission to write to that folder? If you are on a Mac you can see this by doing a Get Info on the folder, then looking at the Ownership and Permissions.

Anaisr,

Can you tell me your platform information such as what kind of operating system you are running?

Michael, if you both can find out which version of QT, that will be helpful too.

I have a hard time to duplicate this problem here.

Shirley

shirley@nemetschek.net

Micahael,

Thansk for checking and I am glad it is working now even though in a mysterious way. My guess is that there might be some intialization problem in QuickTime.

Anyway, I am running QuickTime 6.5 on my Windows XP and never seen problem like this. So, maybe, upgrade will also solve this problem.

Shirley Carter