Cutting Grade for new buildings

I have created the 3D site model of a property, grades are right for the site. I am trying to remove the fill where the house will be place. The Site is sloped. I have tried the pad, pad with retaining wall, and I am not able to remove the "soil" where my new building is. I am working in Architect. What am I doing wrong?

Make sure your:

- Site Modifier is a Pad and set to Proposed.

- Site Model 2D Display is set to Proposed or Proposed + Existing (depending on which you want).

- Site Model 3D Display is set to Proposed.

You then need to hit the Update button on the OIP.

Don't overlook that you can create Snapshots of the Site Model in different configurations.

DTM OIP.png

DTM Site Modifier.png

In addition to mike m oz's tips, you also need to have a 'Grade Limits' site modifier:

Creating Grade Limits : Vw2017 Help File

Initially set the 'Grade Limits' site modifier to the outside face of the foundation retaining walls and set the Pad to the inside face of the foundation retaining walls.

Also make sure that the elevation of the Pad modifier is set correctly.

Edited by rDesign
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2017 at 4:45 AM, Beth Globe said:

nca777, I am still learning the program after moving from a 2D environment. I know how I want to have the site graded, the information I was seeking was how to to the modifications. 

Exactly--you know how you want the site graded, but are forced to use a slew of 'site modifiers' and various settings to get something fairly simple--a cut.

as previously mentioned, use a pad with retaining edge--you may find the grading tools, modifiers very cumbersome as you work through your site grading process. 

I am making the the argument that professionals, who know how to grade a site ought to have more fine controls over the site model.

if you're coming from a traditional la background, the modifier tools will feel clunky.

• 2 weeks later...