How glitchy is AnimationWorks?

I just recently  downloaded the trial version of animationworks to see how well it worked to animate me 3D renderings, but it seems insanely glitchy. I read through the instructions the program provided, and have been practicing with simple extruded shapes and symbols. My main 3d rendering was of three different shapes. My goal was to have two of the object spin independently, and then to have all three spin together as one unit. However,  no matter what I tried, I could only get one object to move. On top of this, it seems as though there was ghosting effect that would happen, where an object would move and the lock into a position and just stay there. I could run the animation again, and the object would move from its original position, but the ghost object would stay. It will even stay after I've deleted everything. Is there something I'm missing with this program?

@lhaldeman2Hi, not near a computer for a week but as I recall I made the items to be used symbols and placed them on another class so I could turn off the original objects. So you have a blank screen and bring in each item via the animation tool. When previewing the items appear when the preview finishes, but the movie should be ok. 

Ill be back home in a week so can look then or maybe someone from OzCad Australia can chip in. The should be a tutorial around somewhere.