Viewports, sheet layers and export probs with scale.VW 17, Mac

Avellana

Question

I am having a bunch of problems trying to paste appropriate viewports onto a sheet layer that I can export at a legible size as a pdf - the printed results are coming out tiny.

Also I am haunted by a greyed out rectangle that sits inside my viewport. Also If I try and add a border it won't surround my plan - it too sits inside my work.

Any help very gratefully received! 

Example.png

3 answers to this question

The greyed out rectangle is the size of the paper you are printing to. Go to File, Page Setup and uncheck page breaks. This is also where you can change the size of the paper you are printing on to. Once you have the correct paper size I find it is more useful to keep the paper size visible.

With regard to your viewports, then it looks like you need to look at the design layer scale of the source objects or the scale of the viewports on the sheet layer. You should be able to adjust the scale of the viewport from the object info palette. Now you know what the grey rectangle represents, it might help you with making decisions about what scale you should be printing at.

11 minutes ago, markdd said:

The greyed out rectangle is the size of the paper you are printing to. Go to File, Page Setup and uncheck page breaks. This is also where you can change the size of the paper you are printing on to. Once you have the correct paper size I find it is more useful to keep the paper size visible.

With regard to your viewports, then it looks like you need to look at the design layer scale of the source objects or the scale of the viewports on the sheet layer. You should be able to adjust the scale of the viewport from the object info palette. Now you know what the grey rectangle represents, it might help you with making decisions about what scale you should be printing at.