RGyori

High Siera Compatibility?

I will announce compatibility as soon as possible, honestly I have not heard anything one way or the other so far, but it would be very unlikely that 2017 and of course 2018 would not be made compatible. I would be stunned (and probably have heard about it already) if the filesystem flat out rendered existing applications inoperable. My only real concern is Project Sharing, which is VERY filesystem sensitive.

You know what they say "don't judge a beta 1". Ok they don't say that but they should.

First betas are bad and will break things that could well work perfectly later in the release even maybe beta 2.

It's a brave soul who installs the first beta without being paid to do so.

After 2 years, High Sierra is finally an upgrade containing some "features"

that I really want. I will update as soon as it will be released.

On 6/14/2017 at 0:04 PM, RGyori said:

Hello

Im working with VW in a MacBook Pro and an iMac with High Sierra. All works fine except an issue in the Info Palette

On 6/14/2017 at 0:04 PM, RGyori said:

Probably for Jim...

With the introduction of new iMacs, and the end-of-year iMac Pro, is/will VW2017 be compatible with High Sierra?

Of particular concern is the new file system Apple is introducing as evidenced by Microsoft's stated limitations: http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/06/13/high-sierra-leaves-microsoft-office-for-mac-2011-behind-2016-edition-needs-updating

On 6/14/2017 at 0:11 PM, JimW said:

I will announce compatibility as soon as possible, honestly I have not heard anything one way or the other so far, but it would be very unlikely that 2017 and of course 2018 would not be made compatible. I would be stunned (and probably have heard about it already) if the filesystem flat out rendered existing applications inoperable. My only real concern is Project Sharing, which is VERY filesystem sensitive.

Jim:

I am using an iMac 2013 and a MacBook Pro 17 2011. Both with High Sierra.

VW 2017 works fine and as always except with an issue in the Info Palette. When click on a rectangle for example, the section points in the Info Palette are bad positioned.

13 hours ago, Francisco J. D. Rogers said:

Im working with VW in a MacBook Pro and an iMac with High Sierra. All works fine except an issue in the Info Palette

Thanks Francisco. It is encouraging that it generally works with VW2017 which I expect will extend to next months anticipated release of VW2018.9_9