The ability to assign the attributes of Proposed, Demolition or Existing to an object or symbol.  

Matt Hall

Question

I would like to take a single object, symbol or plug in and tell it to be “Proposed”, “Existing”, Demolition”, or even Phase 1, Phase 2, etc.)

Everything I put into a drawing is either anew object (black line), an existing object (gray line), or an object to be demolished (dashed line).  Each object has its own look and can be turned on or off.  

We do this with classes, but it requires 3 symbols for the same object.   I need to have that toilet symbol for new work, existing and demo.  If I have 4 toilets in my library I have to manage 12 objects.

I need to have 3 classes for everything, "AN-Door" (new Door), "AE-Door" (existing Door) and "AD-Door" (demo Door), "A" for Architecture and "N, E, D" for New, Exist and Demo
If I had "A-Door" Class and could sort the object has New, Exist or Demo it would greatly reduce the class and library management requirements.

The use of styles is a great move but to for my door example it would still require multiple styles and/or classes to be set up.
  • Like 2

1 answer to this question

Would you not still need the same number of classes? In our case we have all the New Classes (gazillions) as well as Demo & Existing Classes for A, M, E & P but generally don't differentiate further. To further call attention to existing doors we show these only 30º open, plus the id tags.