Windows depth within recessed wall

Hassan Raza

Question

I am using series of windows in a recessed wall. I was hoping it to show adjust depth of windows after achieving wall recessed.

In plan I still see previous depth of the windows  that was showing before wall recessed . Does somebody know how to adjust window depths according to new recessed wall?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 5.50.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 5.50.04 PM.png

3 answers to this question

If you are using a wall without components djust the wall not to fit wall thickness in OIP. and adjust offsett in same.

if you use component walls you set the outside component top offset to -1200mm say and the internal one to have no offset, this will give you the wall look you need. Then the window will insert in top section and may have to adjust the same as above.

nt at computer so can't check. HTH

You can adjust the location of the Window in the Wall by adjusting the Plan Wall Offset value on the OIP.  Positive values move the window towards the inside and negative values move it towards the outside.

That doesn't completely solve the problem though as the Wall break lines show for the full depth of the Walls and if you have Draw Wall Lines on the outer wall line shows where the outer face of the wall would be without the recess.  

Draw Wall Lines off.png

Draw Wall Lines on.png