Vectorworks 2017 "X" Button

I just updated to 2017 and found that you cannot "X" out of Vectorworks like in previous versions (the program would still be open and running but you wouldn't need to minimize the screen). Now, you can only minimize or expand the VXW grayed-out screen. Does anyone know how to change this setting or is this just unique to 2017? Thanks!

Andy,  I read the problem the other way. I think Amosher wanted to be able to keep VW running, but have no open windows.

Without the Application Window option turned on, you get this ability. With Use Application Window, you will always have a grey "background" window even if you have no documents open. So in order to see the desktop you have to minimize VW.

Another option (on Mac) is to use different "Desktops" and assign VW to a desktop that is not used for other applications.

47 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Andy,  I read the problem the other way. I think Amosher wanted to be able to keep VW running, but have no open windows.

Without the Application Window option turned on, you get this ability. With Use Application Window, you will always have a grey "background" window even if you have no documents open. So in order to see the desktop you have to minimize VW.

Ah yes, that makes sense.

Anecdotally, I found the grey background thing comforting when it was introduced, as I grew up in a Windows environment and this is more in line with how things work on that OS (combined with the fact that you can now snap all the palettes together on a Mac). The whole idea of separate floating windows for each palette never really jived with me.

51 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Another option (on Mac) is to use different "Desktops" and assign VW to a desktop that is not used for other applications.

This is a good approach. Or you can assign a Hot Corner (System Preferences<Desktop & Screensaver) to show the Desktop.

Personally I just use Cmd+H a lot to hide programs that I want to keep open but not be in the way.