Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Dialog VW8.5

yannickn

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with the class TDialog with the SDK for VW8.5. I can display a window, handle the events, ... but the problem is after.

When the user presses "OK" or "Cancel", I launch a software, but this software doesn't come in the foreground. Whereas if I call the function "GS_Confirm", everything works fine.

So, if I do :- display the dialog.- launch the external software.--> The software stays in the background.

But if I do :- display the dialog.- display a dialog with "GS_Confirm".- launch the external software.--> Everything works fine.

So, my question is :What does "GS_Confirm" do that I have to do to release the Window properly ?

Thank you.

Yannick Namia

• 1 year later...

The class TDialog is no longer supported in the SDK.

For user interface development we recommend using the cross-platform "Layout Manager" SDK functions. You will find them in the documentation under the "Dialog" category. There is an example in more recent SDK downloads called "SampleLayout".

Otherwise, you can use PowerPlant on the Mac and MFC on Windows to present dialogs for your plug-in.

Jeff