Vision and Rendering integration

VClaiborne

Question

i'm going to update this suggestion I made last year  with a solution:

Combine Vision and Renderworks into one integrated product (called VisionWorks or RenderVision or something like that possibly) that comes with Vectorworks, but with external console control functionality disabled.. then, when someone wants to use Vision as a Pre-Viz, you charge for universe licenses and the dongle.  This will make both Vison and Renderworks usable by a wider audience while also eliminating the need to develop both products when they are both essentially doing the same or a similar thing.

Old post:

I'd love to see Vision and Renderworks become so integrated that they seamlessly share the same info and operate in the screen space.  In other words, I would love to be able to create my stage with 3D objects, truss etc, add my stage lighting including address and mode info, then when I export to Vision, I want to be able to take control of the 3D space like we can in the Rendering menus, e.g. ambient lighting, solids vs. wireframe, background.  Also, when I create a stage scene, I want to be able to 'light' it with the stage lighting I've added into the space, not have to use other types of lighting objects..  and there should be some kind of internal lighting control for selecting a fixture and controlling it's attributes without having to hook up a lighting console to Vision.  this would be extremely beneficial in terms of using Vision for rendering out images for clients.  Now that Vectorworks is moving toward integrating Vision into the software, Vision and Rendering should be a part of the same tool base, not separated.  They really should work hand in hand.

Edited by VClaiborne
solution suggestion
  • Like 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet