Andy Broomell

Renderworks Cache Issues

Question

Lately I've been having all sorts of Renderworks cache issues, all the time.

From the issue where viewports render as black... to issues where Renderworks renders the same thing over and over despite changes being made to the model (OpenGL displays it fine).

This is preventing me from being able to do my job. I can't restart every five minutes...

Can issues like this be file-related? Or is there anything I can do about it? Is it a Vectorworks thing or something with my computer?

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

@Andy Broomell- you've probably already seen the multiple threads about these Vw2017 FQRW cache bugs, here's links to several of them in case you haven't:

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 1

On 11.6.2017 at 9:02 PM, Andy Broomell said:

Lately I've been having all sorts of Renderworks cache issues, all the time.

From the issue where viewports render as black... to issues where Renderworks renders the same thing over and over despite changes being made to the model (OpenGL displays it fine).

This is preventing me from being able to do my job. I can't restart every five minutes...

Can issues like this be file-related? Or is there anything I can do about it? Is it a Vectorworks thing or something with my computer?

Could be file related, check for yourself,...opoen the vex-file with the notepad or editor..there is a lot of stuff that doesn't make any sense...of course, but the first line

shows you which version this file was created and which version this file is now handled. 

For example you are working with 2017 so the version is 22.0, so if it was created with something like 20.0(Vectorworks 2015) or earlier, the problem might be there.

Resetting your user folder also might help sometimes.

Is your graphic card driver up2date?

This bug, referenced in a few other threads here as well, has now been replicated simply and reliably in house. Fixing it has been given top priority by the rendering team.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Why am I still experiencing this issue??

Can someone advise on whether it's being fixed? I'm currently running VW2019 on a brand new macbook pro. 

I deal with this daily and yes, is very frustrating. It does seem like the Renderworks cache is creating the problems. I can edit, make changes, then "custom render" and the old model pops up with none of the changes I've made present. I have found going into the custom Renderworks settings, changing that randomly, then trying again, can sometimes fix this..the key word here is "sometimes". Restarting often does the trick but I think we can all agree that's not exactly the solution anyone wants. 

Glad to hear they are working on it.  Pretty much makes having Renderworks useless.  

they were working on it a year ago... I can't understand why it isn't fixed.