Texture Folders in Render Tab

Andy Broomell

Question

I realized today that texture folders work differently in the Resource Manager than they do in the Render tab of the OIP.

I had spent some time in the Resource Manager organizing a bunch of textures into a folder because they had been imported with SketchUp objects I brought in, and I wasn't really interacting with them. I wanted these textures to be filed away so it was easier to work with my own. This worked great in the RM.

But now when I select an object and go to the Render tab to apply a texture, the popup-RM-thing displays ALL the textures. I would've expected it to be organized the same as the main RM, with some textures in folders and others in the 'top-level'.

I'm not sure if this inconsistency is intentional or not, but I find it a bit confusing. The only thing that's the same in both places is that you can select the folder in the lefthand navigation pane, allowing you to see ONLY textures in that folder. But if you select the top level (the file name), the RM shows textures organized into folders while the Render tab does not. It'd be great for the Render tab to keep textures in their folders.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet