VW 2013 Jumpy cursor

Kerschbaumer

Question

Been gettting worse and worse - my cursor seems to ping around when moving my mouse and it is difficult to make accurate selections.  Granted I am on a 2010 Macbook pro with 8GB Ram and my first guess is I am running out of RAM or the computer is getting too old.  My files sizes are all small and it doesnt happen in other software like Sketchup.  Any suggestions ?

8 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
14 hours ago, Kerschbaumer said:

Been gettting worse and worse - my cursor seems to ping around when moving my mouse and it is difficult to make accurate selections.

If it isn't physically damaged or dirty as suggested above, then disable all snapping options. Does the cursor still seem to jump around after that? 

Mouse is clean, snaps are off - It doesnt seem to help - I am thinking maybe my Macbook is the issue now - I guess I spend all day on VW so notice it most there but my computer does sort of hang up - it is 7 years old.  Problem is if I upgrade my laptop - I pretty much have to upgrade my license and am not ready for such a big hit :)

Indeed it was and I clung onto it as long as I could.  When I finally made the jump to 2013 it always boggles my mind that, while they do fix and improve somethings, they seem to also undo little good things that existed in earlier versions.  For example - in 2013 when I generate a pdf - VW requires me to click to ok acknowledge it has successfully  generated the pdf - like it wants me to say 'good job VW' before I am allowed to keep working.  Oh, and my most hated one is when I draw sections and have rectangles for plates and joists and then have to trim some lines that touch the rectangle - the bloody thing trims the rectangle too and turns it into a 3 sided polyline!!  Makes me want to scream.  I must click my mouse a million times a day and if I was VW I would design future updates to reduce the number of clicks I need to make - not add to them for no aparent benefit

Sorry, I had to rant.  I'll stop now