Hello,

I have been experimenting with rendering gobo recently. And I seem to get a ring of light spill around the shape of the gobo. Is there a way to fix/get rid of this? Please see the image below to see what I mean.

Also, the breakup shapes seem to be really low quality. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Ryan

GoboTest2.png

On 6/8/2017 at 10:42 PM, JBenghiat said:

The gobo is a texture resource.  You can edit the texture to adjust the scale as well as substitute in a higher resolution image.  This is also the only way to take the projection out of sharp focus: edit the texture image in an image editor.

-Josh

Josh is spot on with this.  I HIGHLY recommend copying an existing gobo texture and learn how to edit it.  It is quite simple.  To that point I have created my own library of gobos simply because of the ring, the resolution and the fact that there is no control over the edge focus.  Once you see how to do it, the process is very simple.  I am attaching an image of both a hard and soft edge gobo in use.  

gobos.png

Edited by scottmoore
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...