Windoor Sill settings

I am trying to add a brick sill to my windows, and the sill setting seems to be what I am after - only when I select to show the wall sill in 3D, nothing happens.

I am sure to be missing something very simple, as is usually the case- can anyone suggest what it might be?

Thanks

Sharon

I had already checked that I hadn't flip the window, so that one is not it.

I did notice in settings that there is a WD-3D sills class, but that doesn't appear in my Navigation Palette at all.  Is there somewhere where I haven't selected something?

Ok, I have taken the wall and window and put them in a new file, and when I turn on the sill - the 3D sill class does not appear, and the sill doesn't appear.  It is showing in plan view, but not elevation.

I must be missing something here - surely it should be simple.

Maybe someone can see what I have missed.

Window Sill.vwx

Sharon, on the OIP you have the Set Frame To parameter set to Wall Thickness.   Set it to Default Thickness and the masonry sill will appear.

Did you really want the window set so it is flush with the outer face of the masonry wall leaf?  If so adjust the frame thicknesses in Settings and set the distance from wall face accordingly.

Note:  Ozcad have confirmed that the behaviour of the masonry sill not activating when the frame is set to wall thickness is intentional.  If you think about it that makes sense because you would only use full depth frame in a framed or monolithic construction wall.

Edited by mike m oz
Add Note.

Just like that!  Thanks so much for your help - I now have a masonry sill.

I have never really thought about where the window is set in terms of the face of the wall - I think with the level of detail I need this has never really come up.

I will have to have a think about that.

Thanks again

Sharon