Door schedule is insane

Do you have viewports in your drawing? Probably three of them? Then you have your doors in the drawing 4 times.

Select a row in the schedule. Go to the Worksheet:View menu and check the Database Headers option. This will show you  the header row the the database.

Right Click on the row header (e.g. 3, not 3.1, 3.2, etc) and choose Edit Criteria. Add another criteria row and explicitly tell it to use the Design Layer(s) that have the door objects on them.  Click OK.

You should now only have your door objects that are actually in your drawing/model showing in the schedule.

• Like 4

Personally, I think it is kind of just leftover.  The schedules were there before Sheet Layers were added and making them ignore the Viewports has just never gotten high enough up the priority list to happen. Does seem strange, but on the bright side, I always think of it as a training opportunity to get more people to understand worksheet and criteria ;-)

On 6.6.2017 at 3:10 AM, P Retondo said:

Thanks, Pat!  I figured out is was the design layer viewports, but I didn't know how to fix it other than deleting them.  Good to know!  What I don't know is why the schedule object was ever designed this way . . .

If your project is very large, you could do the schedules in another file, if you want to. I haven't used this option myself though.

Another way to produce "mysterious" extra units is to have custom data within symbols by accident. One of our projects got some extra mirrors on the corridor walls this way, luckily the client thought this was intentional!

• 1 year later...
On 6/5/2017 at 8:54 PM, Pat Stanford said:

Personally, I think it is kind of just leftover.  The schedules were there before Sheet Layers were added and making them ignore the Viewports has just never gotten high enough up the priority list to happen. Does seem strange, but on the bright side, I always think of it as a training opportunity to get more people to understand worksheet and criteria 😉

Thank you Pat. This was killing me.