Wall color and surface color

Dear community. 

I have some trouble figuring out how to paint specific parts of my interior design. I need some parts of the wall to be painted differently like if you would paint the surface in real life. 

Is there a tool to just put colors on a selected surface. 

(school project) 

Please share your knowledge. 

Thanks 

It depends on which parts of the walls you need to paint separately.

Think of it this way: If I asked you paint a wall in a room you would ask two questions:

1. Which wall

2. What colour

VW is no different. Select the wall and go to the render tab in the OIP and here are the two questions except its which part (there are seven parts to a wall) which typically will be left or right (depending on the direction you drew the wall) and then which texture. 

As for the separate parts then you have a horizontal or vertical. The vertical can be taken care of by selecting the wall and using the split tool (in line mode) making sure you have the wall selected and you choose split selected objects option. For the horizontal the extract tool will do this (create planar objects) but when you adjust the extraction make sure you double-click and adjust with the tools otherwise you will distort the extraction. When complete extrude by 1 or 2mm to suit.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I wish you could apply images (eg. for wallpaper) as easily as textures! It's not often I'm applying a texture. I end up creating a rectangle with an Image fill, but then have to spend time punching out the holes for windows and doors. Not sure why VW doesn't let you apply Images in the Render tab of the OIP. And to my knowledge, you can't add an Image as a Texture in the Resource Manager (Textures don't seem to allow uploads when creating a new one).

18 hours ago, Marci said:

I wish you could apply images (eg. for wallpaper) as easily as textures! It's not often I'm applying a texture. I end up creating a rectangle with an Image fill, but then have to spend time punching out the holes for windows and doors. Not sure why VW doesn't let you apply Images in the Render tab of the OIP. And to my knowledge, you can't add an Image as a Texture in the Resource Manager (Textures don't seem to allow uploads when creating a new one).

Wallpaper using textures, as easy as this example is tacky 🙂

You can make your own in moments or use the built-in wall covering textures as a basis from which to begin.

Sure beats trying to position decals and cutting out doors and windows manually.

698619082_ScreenShot2022-05-20at9_07_08PM.thumb.png.1afdb82451372ad93f69d121abd18882.png

• Like 2