Curved Monitor for VW

Anyone using a CURVED Ultrawide monitor for VW? I can see how it would be great for gaming, video editing and similar tasks. But wondering if the curve "distorts" (perceptually) the VW workspace.

I've always enjoyed big monitors, but at some point a monitor can be too big for practical desktop use.

Edited by Don Seidel

I sometimes  use a 27" curved without any perceptible distortion issues, but neither have I noticed any great benefit, What size is too big? I think 34" would be the sweet spot. 27" is now feeling very small.

Edited by bcd
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It would distort if you were looking from high/low left/right corners of the monitor, but I've used a few different curved models and if you're sitting right in front of them theres no perceptible curve. I never really liked the curved monitors though personally, mostly because of how much more expensive they were compared to similar quality or sized flat panels. Big fan of the ultrawide 21:9 aspect ratio models though.

i just jumped for a 32" HP Pavilion 2560x1440, what an improvement on what was a great 27" 1080p main screen.

What I've noticed is that at this resolution & size the pixel density is pretty much the same there's just so much more space & now, finally, I don't spend the day playing the palette shuffle.

Also - I notice that my eyes don't try to full-screen any more but roam more naturally (comfortably) across the field of view as needed.

And naturally - with a bigger drawing surface there's less panning, zooming, orbiting needed. Lazy will be good.

And, I seem to stand up more (to admire the screen or the work - I haven't decided yet!)

Edited by bcd
  • Like 1