Wrong linethickness

Rick

I'm saying that this is a problem between HP and Apple. The underlying problem is in the printer driver. XRIP is not going to be able to fix the problem. The problem needs to be resolved between HP and Apple, or Epson and Apple, or whichever printer manufactuer is having the problem printing and apple.

Yes and no. They aren't distributed by the manufacturer. The X Rip is an application over top of a driver that converts data to a print spooler, which the printer can then print. When you have a printer that won't directly print from a Mac OS, you need another application to step between the printer and the driver to convert everything to a language the printer can use.

Gimp print doesn't have the true conversion to allow a mac to print to a printer requiring rip software, but it can do some things. Hence the reason the hpgl2 plotters are only partially supported with gimp print.

• 4 weeks later...

Jacques, Although I have asked everyone (and mean EVERYONE!) why this problem persists I still have no clue. However, I have solved the problem personally by using the VectorWorks PRINT option "rasterize print output". Here is a link to my post of last week which tells a bit morehttp://techboard.nemetschek.net/cgi/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=22;t=000347;p=0

Peter Cipes

• 1 year later...

In case anybody has continued having issues with this since 2004, I wanted to mention a fix I just found. Sadly, we are still using 10.5 (on mac), so for any other users with cobwebs on their software, this may help.

We had no success with the "rasterize print output" in the "vectorworks" print options dropdown menu, which was the fix mentioned above. However, in the "output" dropdown menu, if you check "save to file" and then select postscript instead of pdf, the resulting file (which will convert to a pdf when opened) is produced with a "round pen", with consistent weights for diagonals and curves. At least, that's our experience.

hope this helps.

derek