Help editing RW texture

TDWrks

Having issues with color shader within texture edit pane:

shader > color > image ... select edit to open Edit Image Color pane:

Filter Color > Use Chosen Color...

when editing (regardless of method i.e. color wheel, or pantone, or "crayon" etc) colors won't "stick."  Oddly gross color changes (from orange to blue) work, though if fine tuning (bluish gray to greenish gray) the color filter is ignored and reverts to previous color.  Other quirky behavior within these edit panes as well.  Happens regardless of render mode.

Is there a known bug or am I doing something wrong?  I don't expect photorealistic application of a Benjamin Moore color for example, though as a color consultant its been awkward for me to show things to clients that are so obviously out of whack.  

Any help greatly appreciated!  Cheers, m

Hi Rob, 

Issue is in edit texture pane from RB. Render mode doesn't matter since its texture itself not editing properly, tho I've tested with open gl, and several RW qualities. No effects being used (referring to artistic RW mode or something else?).

Attached are screen shots: in the first you can see me attempting to change color filter of a white drop siding to RGB (143, 136, 119).

2nd screen shot shows just moments after the attempted change and the RGB values are now (133, 133, 133).  If i directly change the RGB values and accept changes, they revert back to 133, 133, 133.

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 11.42.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 11.44.05 AM.png

OK, got it, thanks for the info.

@Rob BooksI hear your, though that doesn't describe the way the RGB sliders seem to revert to a default "near color" after editing.  Is this part working as intended? 

"basically, it is like taking a filter and placing it over an image, you are going to have bleed from the image come through and affect the color of the filter.

Hope that makes sense. "  

That's fine and well, and being a color guy I wouldn't have any problem tweaking the filter to the desired output, but need the tools to work properly in order to do so.

@Alan WoodwellThanks for that... yes that would be the "right way."  This is a simple example that would easy to grab in photoshop with a magic wand.  However, this is a fairly "down and dirty" workflow that I've used in the past to tint or shade an existing stone or wood texture to get to a desired hue/value.  easier and quicker than an export, photoshop mod, etc. especially since I'm not doing photorealistic renderings here.