Room Finish Schedule - How to get Read out of wall areas

Guest RMcK

Guest RMcK

Hello,

I have a room finish schedule set up with the finishes of North, East etc...

Now I need the schedule to give me a surface area of each of these walls for take-offs.

What Criteria / formula do I need to input in order get this read out?

I'd also like to display the Gross Height of the spaces.

I've tried everything I can think of.

Help!

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 2.49.07 PM 1.png

• 5 years later...

I'm not programmer, but I think that's an almost impossible task. I'm feel good with one change of the workflow for this data; one report for where is the materials are, and another for the take-off without direct links with the spaces.
Maybe you can try the "Materials by Architectural Object" and "Materials Take-off by Category" of the file "Materials Reports.vwx", in the VW 2023 > Libraries > Defaults > Reports_Schedules.
In Take-off, you can add a column for, or change some header with, another material property (from "Materials" in Data Manager), for example: =MATPROPERTYBYNAME("Ref"; 'MaterialCategory'). Currently, I use Category, Name (the key), MaterialProductDescription (this can be equal the component of wall styles, in some cases) and some quantities.
In the VW 2023 > Libraries > Defaults > Reports_Schedules > Architectural Reports.vwx, there is the "Wall Schedule with Components", too. You can add columns with space functions in the header; the return is the contiguous spaces of the wall.
For the gross height of the space, in the "Room Finish Schedule" you can add a column with ='Space'.'11_Gross Height'.

• Like 1