Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Marionette debugging not wrking

Hi all

I am having difficulties using the debug tool in Marionette. The connection lines turn red as they are supposed to when I hover, but nothing happens when I click.

I am on a PC running version 2017 architecture SP 3

I hope someone out there can either help me or tell m if I am alone on this one :|

Cheers Andreas

15 minutes ago, bcd said:

Move one of the nodes to give it a kickstart

Hi

It doesnt seem to work. When using the debug tool, and when I click on a connection line that has turned red, nothing happens - other than th line is no longer red.

On the other hand, if I add a couple of random nodes somewhere else in the same document, the debug works?

Edited by andreas Ø
  • Marionette Maven

Correct, however, you're likely seeing a different problem than what @andreas Øis reporting, because as you mentioned earlier, if you move the nodes in this network the wires will start highlighting and debugging again. This is a known issue.

What @andreas Øis seeing is probably a different issue because he has moved nodes and debugging is still not appearing. Also, the fact that he is even seeing the red highlighting makes it different. I stand by the theory that no data is being passed through the wire.

Hello all,

I just recently started to work with Marionette and make good progress so far. 

So this is my first post.

I had the same problem as andreas mentioned.

I named a node like "Länge:"

After that I had the  problem mentioned. Then I renamed the node to "Länge" (without doublepoint) and everything worked like it is supposed to.

Maybe it wont't work anymore if the name of the node has some special letters in it like : , / etc.?

Best regards

Hi All

I don't know what wzs wrong, but i replicated the node in new file and everything worked really well!?

As to using special letters as Dalton mentions, I have find this also to be a problem when exporting a file - even if it is the folder that is named with a special letter.

Thanks for all your replies - I consider the problem solved

Cheers Andreas