Double window

Donald Wardlaw

Question

As of yesterday I have a new behavior in VW.  I use VW on an iMac and a MBP.

When I launch VW I see what I've captured in "TAB".  There is a tab below the main window head.  If I click on the "x" is see "TAB 2".  This is like a blurry window that shows the desktop below.  If I close that window, VW quits.  If I put it in the dock, and launch another file, both windows remain open and there is the title shown like the tab in "TAB."

OSX 10.11, current El Capitan, and current VW.

I think I have invoked some behavior in OS X, but maybe VW?  Anyhow, it is of no value and I'd like to get rid of it.

Thanks,

Donald

TAB.tif

TAB 2.tif

4 answers to this question

I believe if you go to the Windows menu and uncheck "Use Application Window" VW will revert to the conventional 2017 layout.

HTH.

Just to add: I too was a bit put off by the new Applications Window setting but have grown to prefer it. It allows auto docking of pallets for instance and moving between open VW files is simpler. You can dismiss the window without closing VW by double clicking the in the menu bar. I have assigned this double click to a key on my track ball.

Edited by RGyori