EricK

Grade Tool Unit Control

Question

I would like to request Unit and Labelling for the grade tool similar to the Stake Tool. Units for grading are often not the same as the drawing units. our drawings are usually millimetres and vertical grading units are often metres to conform to the survey units. 

Also the ability to label a grade is important such as bottom of stair, bottom of curb, etc.

Stake has all of these features. We have to double the amount of work in our grading drawings by using the Grade Tool to calculate and show slopes and the use the Stake Tool as a 2D graphic for labelling. Very time consuming.

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

Agreed. The challenge that I have is mixing decimal feet with fractional. In some cases dual dimensioning works, but I see no way to get the grade tool to display decimal feet unless I set Document Preference Units to decimal as the primary. That then causes havoc with all of my architectural work, that is using feet and inches.

What do other people do?

On 2018-01-19 at 3:26 PM, Kevin said:

Agreed. The challenge that I have is mixing decimal feet with fractional. In some cases dual dimensioning works, but I see no way to get the grade tool to display decimal feet unless I set Document Preference Units to decimal as the primary. That then causes havoc with all of my architectural work, that is using feet and inches.

What do other people do?

I keep the slope arrows generated by the grading tool and used a stake as a graphical object only typing in the value from the grade tool. A right pain in the a$$.

Thanks EricK. I have done the same thing, but it seems like a crime to not take advantage of what is a useful tool. 

• Like 1