Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Network vs Object difference

bcd

I'm very confused.

The attached file shows the same object created from a Marionette Network and then the same network after it's converted to a Marionette Object.

Why the difference? I don't need the interior extrude - but it appears mysteriously whenever I convert the wrapper to a M.Object.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 12.10.58 PM.png

Marionette Object vs Network.vwx

Edited by bcd

That's super interesting...... I think its related to the hybrid nature of Marionette objects. If you disconnect the extrude node in your Marionette object you get the perimeter as expected but its a screen plane object. The Marionette object transitions to a hybrid object when the Extrude node is executed. It may be WAD or it may be a bug.

Kevin

interesting is a more benevolent word than I would have chosen for the sentiment :) -

I tried playing around with Set Plane, Pop Back/Front - delete ... but to no avail (yet). I could probably perform booleans on the solids instead or getting the planar objects right first, but that shouldn't be necessary. I think it's either a bug or the bug is that the network omits the center fill in the first place.

Edited by bcd
  • Marionette Maven

not positive that it's a bug at this moment, but the best way to get around this is to extrude the rectangles first and then perform a solid boolean operation on them instead. That will give you the results you want. It's not because of the hybrid nature, though. There may just be a problem when running the Marionette_DisposeObj() function.

Our office is closed today, but I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can learn anything as to why those objects aren't being disposed of properly.

Marionette Object vs Network_MFarrell.vwx

• Marionette Maven

I've seen the same problem when outputting a Python script, and there is an active bug reported internally on it.

My best assumption is that the call isn't being pushed up and that it's a similar problem for both exporting a script and converting to a Marionette object.

I'll report a bug internally shortly, once I can clarify it enough for the engineer.