Creating Schedules with linked text symbols

Daddiyo

Thank you all for your feedback.

What I am doing is creating a material/finish schedule for our building. The document is grouped by locations throughout the building and I want to put relevant information from the title block into the schedule. I have linked text in the title block that calls out the room name, room number that the sheet is referring to. The finish symbols are linked to my material/finish record + schedule. So it is useful to have the room and the finish on the same report without duplicating the title block criteria in the material/finish record. If that's the simplest way, then I can do it.

You could probably use the multiple object type criteria plus the IF statements to get the title block info into a single database, but if this is really just header/title information you are probably better off with the two databases in adjacent rows.

I am assuming that the title block info would be first as the title.

If you want multiple instances of the room info interspersed with the finishes, I think you are in for a hard time getting everything to sort to the order you want.

Can you post a mockup of how you would like the schedule to look?

Arrgh... Spreadsheets, formulas, etc are not my background, so forgive me for not understanding how these things should be done. (see attached) 

I made some modifications to my master schedule. I added some additional records to these objects and changed the criteria terminology. I then tried to update the database header functions to the revised criteria. What resulted was an input of '0' for everything.

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 12.04.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 12.03.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 11.43.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 5.51.11 PM.png

It looks like you have your criteria set so that no objects are being returned. Show us what criteria you are using and we can probably help.

From a high level, the Criteria (set by right clicking on the database row header and choosing Set Criteria of Edit criteria specifies WHAT objects are going to be shown in the database. The formulas in the database header row specify the information ABOUT the object that is going to be shown.