Master Snaps - Remain after points are deleted while drawing polylines

Kevin McAllister

Question

2 answers to this question

Interesting! Confirmed in all the Polyline modes.

New blank drawing v2017, not one of my templates. Grid snap and Tangent snap disabled. Clicked in blank parts of the drawing to create Polyline with several vertices, then deleted the most recent point, then:

A. If I click/delete/linger on the point after deleting, a snap point is acquired (red box) at location of the deleted vertex (end of the rubberband). The red snap box lingers as I mouse around and click elsewhere to continue the polyline.

B. If I click/delete and quickly mouse away from the delete location, a snap point is not acquired. Buuuht, Vectorworks seems to remember the location of the deleted vertex.  I can mouse back to that place and "find" it. The smart cursor indicates "Endpoint". Hover will create a snap.

C. A note: During Polyline creation, hover/linger at end of rubberband does not acquire a snap.  Have to click/delete to get the snap.

I'm not sure if this is a problem? a feature? a quirk? a bug? I didn't check older versions, but this doesn't seem unfamiliar.  I think I usually ignore, or occasionally use the remembered point and snap a new vertex to it.

I generally mouse slowly, so almost always acquire a snap where the delete occurred.

-B

Thanks for taking a look Benson. I only noticed it yesterday and I trace a lot of stuff using the Polyline tool. I'm finding the experience is quite different in 2017 for this reason and the slightly magnetic pull that remains when all snaps are disabled (previous post and bug submission). Usually when I delete a point its because its not quite right and having things snap back to the same place is somewhat inconvenient :)

Master snaps are a good idea but they've introduced some unwanted behaviour along the way.

Kevin