Rails added features.

jberlin

Question

Rails and Fences.   I have been playing with this feature for at least 12 hours now and I am finding I need it to do two more functions.  1) many Craftsman style rails have spindles, or bars between the  "Top Rail" and the top of the "Frame Panel".  So essentially, there are multiple "Frame Panels", and the tool can only make 1 panel with space between the Top Rail.  I currently have to created my own 3D solids and place them by hand between the top of the panel and the bottom of the top rail.  2) While you can make a "Fence" look like a rail and with segments force it to follow a slope, however, you cannot force the segments to follow various 3D solids with various heights.  In other words, the stair tool cannot create my complex deck steps and deck levels, so no rails.  This has to be done by 3d solids.  As you can imagine, rails need to follow the edge of these different "Z" values, of these complicated deck platforms.  Yes I use DeckWorks, but the rail forms are way too simple compared to the new "Rail/Fence" tool.  Also DeckWorks rails only follow stairs, and not the edge of multiple leveled decks.  Could you imagine if in a "Side" flat 3d view, the rail tool had  a polyline option, and you could draw that line along the edge of the top deck, than down the angle of all the other deck levels, and clicked the check mark, than the rail tool would place the rails along that path.  Not only would the tool draw the rails along the flat surface, but also down all the deck levels as one continuous rail.  If I am missing how to do this, let me know. THX

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet