Opening shared file crashes VW2017 demo - bug or feature?

Riley Casey

Question

I'm using the VW2017 demo to collaborate on a project that is stored on Dropbox.  I've been using VW2015 and was looking at upgrading but this isn't encouraging.  I've installed the most current updater version that the demo automagically discovered but still have the problem.  Other than the crash with shared project files the VW demo seems to work normally, it opens my 2015 files and opens normal .vwx files from Dropbox.  It's only the .vwxp files that cause the crash.  It crashes hard enough that the application doesn't always call up a crash log.  

Should I be able to open a .vwxp file with the demo?  The other users on the project are able to open the shared files just fine although I suspect that many if not all of them are using Spotlight while the demo says its a Designer version.  My 2015 copy is the Fundamentals version although I would be surprised if the demo is looking for any files from my 2015 install.  

Any suggestions or insight from the assembled wisdom?  Not clear from the support page at VW how to ask questions of support directly.

Edited by Riley Casey

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet