Ability to edit Hidden Line renders

Christiaan

Question

I'd like to be able to double-click into a Viewport with Hidden Line rendering and have an option to edit the lines. Including deleting, changing length and changing thickness. I'm happy for these changes to then be obliterated if I update the viewport, but it's meant just as a final touch-up workflow for those little niggly bits that are extremely hard to model out.

For instance this request is motivated mostly by those pesky lines that show up where you have a wall meeting another wall parallel to it but that is already L-joined to another perpendicular wall.

Edited by Christiaan
  • Like 3

4 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, bcd said:

There used to be a very convenient way to do something like this - Modify>Convert to Lines>Hidden Line Mode

But now since I believe the engine upgrade to C4D it produces a maze of shards that are completely unusable & unwieldy.

There is another way that works okay for me: simply convert the Viewport to a Group. But then you have to recreate the viewport if you want to regenerate the render, and it's also one of those workflows that isn't very intuitive when working in teams.

If you use the magic want to select a node and see if you can get a criteria of to just select that type of node you can eye drop on to the other one will change to reflect the other. Not sure if you can get a manic wand criteria to suite.

if this works then you will be able to updat each one.

Edited by Alan Woodwell