Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

SetWallWidth() replacement

In VW 11.5 and earlier, the VS command SetWallWidth() set the width of the Wall tool. In VW 12.0 the command was declared obsolete.

The VS command SetWallStyle() was introduced in VW 12.5. Though setting a WallStyle does allow me to set the wall width for the Wall tool, the command is not honored in VW Fundamentals, yet VW Fundamentals does support WALLS. 

The problem I am having is trying to write a script that will work in a VW Industry package and also in VW Fundamentals using non-deprecated commands. Luckily, SetWallWidth() still works in VW 2017, but I would like a solution that will work when the deprecated function no longer compiles.

Currently, is there a proper way to set the width of the Wall tool via script so that subsequent uses of the tool will draw walls with the desired width in all VW products?

TIA,

Raymond

Hi Miguel,

If the Wall tool were a Plug-In-Object, then perhaps, but it is built into the program and I don't think it can be accessed that way. Of course, I don't really know, but my first try using your approach failed. Perhaps someone with more insight will enlighten me.

Thank you,

Raymond