Spotlight Data Visualization Issues

c_harding

Question

• Hi Everyone,

I have recently started using Data Viz to highlight certain fixtures in a light plot.  I'll set some data in a user column and then in the viewport set Data Viz to change the fill of those instruments, based on a user field.  For most objects it works as designed, and is much more flexible than my old method (layer colors).  However I have noticed a few issues with this new feature. 

With certain instruments the fill won't take at all to the symbol.  If I re-draw the outline from scratch and place it in the symbol this seems to solve the problem.  Any idea why this is happening? I have confirmed that all attributes of the "broken" object match attributes of other working objects. Occasionally the fill will only take to certain parts of the symbol, like a small circle inside the instrument. 

The label legend fill does not change to match the symbol, so the channels in the center of the units have white fill over a yellow unit.  See below for an example.

Thanks,

-Clay

LL_Fill_example.JPG

Edited by c_harding

3 answers to this question

On 5/23/2017 at 4:55 PM, markdd said:

I think that it's a really great new addition.

Agreed!

I have the label classes set to be filled, no luck there. I may need to completely rebuild the label legend as they have been transferred over many version of Vectorworks. 

I solved the issue with certain fixtures not filling - the actual object inside the symbol had a record attached to it, in addition to the symbol's record.  I think that conflict was causing data viz to not see it as an object needing a fill.

-Clay

• Like 1