Design Reference Viewport visability

Creative Sparkler

Question

I am having an issue with Design Reverence Viewports disappearing.

I have the survey topo drawing, an external file, referenced into my drawing with a design reference viewport (x-ref). When I import it everything is fine. I come back to the drawing later and the reference is not viable.

The file is still there, but nothing is viable. I can hover over it and see the crop box and can even select it. All of the appropriate classes and layers are turned on. I can even double click on the reference viewport and open the original topo file and everything is there. I go back to the main file and nothing.

Any suggestions / solutions?

2 answers to this question

On 5/23/2017 at 3:12 PM, Creative Sparkler said:

I am having an issue with Design Reverence Viewports disappearing.

I have the survey topo drawing, an external file, referenced into my drawing with a design reference viewport (x-ref). When I import it everything is fine. I come back to the drawing later and the reference is not viable.

The file is still there, but nothing is viable. I can hover over it and see the crop box and can even select it. All of the appropriate classes and layers are turned on. I can even double click on the reference viewport and open the original topo file and everything is there. I go back to the main file and nothing.

Any suggestions / solutions?

I'm having the same issue in a work group of two. We've tried import via Layer Import and via Design Layer Viewport. Subsequent viewports made from the imports work until the references are updated. Then the reference data shifts; sometimes a lot, sometimes just a little. In the case of a lot, the viewport content appears to vanish, in the case of just a little, the content is just visibly out of position within the VP crop. When it's "vanished" you can edit crop and find it.... it's just moved far away.

I've sent an email to tech support. I'll share what I find out.

VW Architect 2017 sp1, MAC OSX 10.12.5

Edited by Chuck Davidson

I've just come across this.  Deleting my crop (of the Viewport - Referenced) fixed it.  To clarify - the view was visible in Top/Plan - but going to a 3D view meant that the viewport vanishes.

What actually happens - it seems - is that the crop remains on the screen layer so effectively provides just a small window through to the viewport.  As you orbit around - and as the crop window stays on the screen layer - chances are you will not see parts of your model.

Probably not the best explanation - but the closest I can get!

Haven't noticed this before which is odd.  Guess I don't often crop referenced viewports